Move the mouse over the image for ZOOM
Replacement Back Panel with Thermoplastic
Thermoplastic Back Panel
Please contact your local Orthotist or DME provider to order the TLSO Thermoplastic Back Panel
Send to Friend
How to use
Prefabricate replacement TLSO back panel with moldable Thermoplastic. The moldable, rigid Thermoplastic back panel for the SPIO TLSO combines the benefit of SPIO's dynamic compression with the custom-molded support of Thermoplastic. The Thermoplastic back panel extends from the sacrococcygeal junction and terminates just inferior to the scapular spine.
**Please note, this is a back panel only, and does not include the TLSO.
Instructions for Use:
1. Completely remove existing non-thermoplastic back panel from the SPIO front panel and save for future use.
2. Remove the thermoplastic back panel from packaging.
3. Heat the back panel in a microwave using 10-second intervals and repositioning each time until the thermoplastic is pliable enough to fully conform to the patient. Heating intervals will vary. Four to five is typical.
4. IMPORTANT STEPS: - Use only 10 second intervals. Anymore and the thermoplastic will burn. - Check and turn over the product each time. - Do not leave the microwave unattended while heating.
5. When heating is complete check inside of back panel to be sure there are no hot spots before applying back panel to patient.
6. Keep patient in desired position until back panel cools and hardens. An ice bag may be used to accelerate cooling of the thermoplastic.
7. Once set, remove from patient and allow 15 minutes to completely harden.
8. If the correct fit is not obtained, remove the product and repeat above procedures or spot treat specific areas with an iron set to medium.
**Heating may also be performed using a heat gun, or an iron on medium heat (steam ok).
- Micro-perforated Neoprene
- Mold-able, Rigid Thermoplastic
- Available Colors: Black