Move the mouse over the image for ZOOM
SPIO TLSO with Removeable Rigid Stays
How to use
The SPIO TLSO with para-spinal rigid stays assists patients with poor core muscle activation, balance, coordination, or weakness. It is ideal for those with Hypotonia, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Muscular Atrophy, Athetosis, and Sensory Processing Disorder.
Includes a pair of Removeable Rigid Stays.
Please refer to the following links:
How to Measure and Fit Video
If your patient falls outside the standard range of sizes, we can meet your needs with a custom-designed SPIO. Click here for details.
* Measure each child according to the Sizing Guidelines for a good fit, never select a size for your patient based on eye-balling the SPIO.
* When donning the TLSO Vest, attach one shoulder strap and the same side panel to the neoprene back.
* With child sitting or lying on their back, slide the child’s arm through the fastened opening and attach the other shoulder strap.
* The child can be standing, sitting or lying down on their back, depending on the child’s comfort level.
* Place the child on their stomach on your lap or on the floor (sitting, standing or kneel-stand are also possible).
* To attach the side panel, pull the vest down over the hips and wrap the panel snugly around the child.
* Fasten the crotch strap so it is snug, not tight.
* The crotch strap is designed to prevent the vest from riding up.
* The vest should fit snugly and firmly. You may have to adjust it a few times after the initial donning to optimize the fit.
* If you slip your hand under the abdominal area, with proper tension, you should feel a snug compression.
* Allows for 6 cm of adjustment.
- Double Layer Lycra/Nylon Fabric
- Microperforated Neoprene
- 1" Hook and Loop
- 100% Latex-Free
- Polycarbonate stays
- Available Colors: Black, Royal Blue, or White